This is No. 3 of the three last batch of guitars ever built by us at VIP. Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to make these anymore. All three of the guitar in this last run have cool and unique features like early handwound pickups, special electronics, etc.
This one is one cool Blackguard-style guitar in very vintage-y butterscotch. It comes with a perfec VIP Custom roasted maple neck and some funky pickups.
- vintage MIJ Gotoh bridge pickup, handwound Vintage Inspired Pickups prototype low output humbucker at the neck
- high quality electronics with a 280k volume VIPot, Oaks & Grigsby 3-way switch, Switchcraft jack, .047 µF ceramic disc cap
- XGP ash body in butterscotch
- Vintage Inspired Pickups Custom roasted maple neck (9.5" fingerboard radius, comfortable C-profile (approx .87" at the first and .96" at the 12th fret, 22 frets, 1 5/8" bone nut, satin nitro finish)
- real butyrate pickguard
- quality hardware (Fender® bridge with brass saddles, Gotoh 510-style Guyker tuners with 1:18 gear ratio, Fender/Gotoh hardware, Allparts electrosocket)
- a bit heavy due to the solid ash body (~ 10 lbs)
- comes in a quality gig bag
Like with all guitars, you may have to adjust the setup to your liking. As of now, it is set up with Ernie Ball 10s and plays effortlessly with low action.
Shipping only via fully insured UPS Ground. Please make sure to select the UPS Ground shipping option during checkout.
Unfortunately, we cannot ship this guitar internationally. This is available only to continental US customers.
VIP Custom T-style Blackguard
We offer a 24 hr approval period on this guitar. The customer pays all shipping and insurance costs both ways. Before returning any item, customers must start a return request. Returned items must be in the same condition as when they left the store. Unauthorized returns will be refused and returned at the customer’s expense. Returned items are subject to a 10% restocking fee.